1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Lead: ESPN settles sexual harrassment suit with Berman, makeup person

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Nov 10, 2015.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

In a statement to The Big Lead, ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said: “Our thorough investigation revealed the harassment claims had no merit. We settled it solely to save a considerable amount of time and litigation costs.”

Oh, what horseshit.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I always write checks to people who don't deserve it.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Watch the whole clip. It's creepy all the way. Beady eyes and desperate pickup lines.

The little voice-prompt in Berman's head is saying: "Must ... Get ... In ... Her ... Pants."

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

And Cris Carter is prominent in the story, too. If only he had a fall guy ...

CD Boogie likes this.
  7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

One of his last lines - I believe it was something like "I hope I'm there next time you have a bottle" - struck me as the creepiest.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

Not close.

About 20 seconds in he asks, "did you think of me when you drank it, and did you kind of squirm? *mimics squirming*"

How Cosby of him.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I have frequently settled discrimination or harassment cases which I think have no merit if the organization decides that it will cost more in fees, corporate time wasted and negative press than it will to settle. If you don't think that the squeaky wheel often gets a nuisance payoff, you are hopelessly naive.

Based on the little detail in the article, she was fired in 2015 and then claimed that there were questionable text messages from 2011. In fairness, the article doesn't provide any detail about the text messages or whether they were only in 2011 or continued thereafter, but it is fair to state that she did not complain until after she was fired. And based upon who her lawyer is, it is eminently reasonable to think that she looked to go around a confidentiality provision by leaking the information.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Shit. I didn't hear the squirm part. I stand corrected.

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I just love how the Southington Police Department is located on Lazy Lane.

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Was she wearing leather?

TigerVols likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted