1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cops shoot, kill autistic boy, 6

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I read about this earlier and agree, there's likely more to it. Horrifying.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

My question is, unless the father was holding the child at the time, how did they hit the kid?

Were they so frantic they were wildly shooting at anything?

And his hands were up while he was in the car? I'm very confused. This doesn't add up.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't get this at all.

5. Mr. Sunshine

It really sucks that this thread is going to get ignored while a thread on goddamn coffee cups will get tons of traffic. Fucking ridiculous.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Where has YF been today, anyway?

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I don't know that it's being ignored so much as waiting for more information. I agree that this is absolutely horrendous but didn't want to just add a 'me too' post.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Its horrendous, tragic and criminal. And there are not 2 sides to this. The Marshals appear to be completely wrong and there's no debate. They've been arrested and charged with 2nd degree murder. Its not controversial so it doesn't draw clicks or yelling.

And then there's the inconvenient truth that the victim is a white child and the cops are African Americans, one of whom is the son of a senior district attorney. Which means this never ever ever happened and if it did, race doesn't matter.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Sadly, much of that is true. A 6-year-old is killed by the police, but he'll get no vigils or elicit much outrage because the characters don't fit the narrative. Damn shame.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The vigils happen when authorities look the other way and nothing happens to the cops.

That's not the case here. The cops have been arrested and charged with murder.

So you can get outraged about the lack of outrage if you like but what's to get riled up about?

11. Mr. Sunshine

If what appears to be the senseless murder of a 6-year-old doesn't move the needle for you, well you've got more issues than we suspected.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Also, you'll not see a word about this in other places where killer cops are said to be a big concern.

Draft saved Draft deleted