1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians are so mad at Starbucks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Terrible, overpriced hipster juice. Buying that shit should be a sin.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Wonder how many of these professional Christians do Christian shit over Christmas, like donate to a homeless shelter or volunteer at a soup kitchen. Or do they pour all of their energy into getting mad that Target's bags say "Happy Holidays."

Smallpotatoes and SFIND like this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's God's work, you know.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

AUDIENCE: How mad are they?

Songbird and Sea Bass like this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Did Jesus ever make snow angels? If not, he's was a Scrooge, by the critics' logic.

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

This can't be real.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Howard Schultz is Jewish, right?

The next thing you know, they will be putting gefilte fish on the menu and serving up lattes made from the foamed blood of Christian children.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There's a simultaneous uproar because the Roosevelt Field Mall doesn't have a Christmas tree in its Santa display.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Of course it's not; it's from "Breitbart," a deranged right-wing bullshit hydrant.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I saw a story about this. Two things:

1) They did this really sterile thing for the Santa area. It was lame beyond belief. It looked like a white space ship interior. I have no idea what they were thinking. The photo looked like the home from the Jetsons.

2) The story I saw said they charge $24.99 to $59.99 for pictures with Santa. When did that happen? I grew up right near that same mall in the 1980s, and one of my best memories of being a teenager was getting one of my friends to sit on Santa's lap for a photo (guy who went on to West Point; last guy in the world you would have ever imagined sitting on Santa's lap when he was 15 or 16; his parents loved that photo). I am certain it was free to get your photo taken with Santa -- and there was actually film involved back then! I have stepped foot in malls less than half a dozen times in my life since I was that age, but wtf -- $59.99 to get your picture taken with Santa!?!?!?

Draft saved Draft deleted