1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chicago boy, 9, dead in shooting, possibly 'targeted'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You hear about a lot of kids getting gunned down in the cross fire meant for someone else. But this is particularly chilling.

Cops: Slain boy, 9, may have been targeted

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Shot multiple times, at close range, in an alley? Yeah, it sounds like he was the one the bullets were intended for.

So, what did he do, or witness?

And, there were reportedly multiple witnesses. Will they cooperate with the police?

3. Dick Whitman

The second one of them is offered a day of sentencing reduction in his own case, he will cooperate.

4. Dick Whitman

They are looking into the idea that the boy was shot and killed as retaliation for his father's role or his father's gang's role in some recent shootings. Apparently someone's grandmother was shot and injured in one of the prior shootings.

He wasn't the only innocent gunned down in Chicago yesterday. A 20-year-old college student from Evanston who had just beat out 500 other women to win a modeling contest was shot and killed in the Englewood neighborhood while visiting her grandmother. She was walking to the bus stop to head back to the north side.

Evanston woman who won modeling contest shot, killed in Chicago

5. Dick Whitman

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Asian gangs would have never done something like this. They have too much respect for family.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

We're getting close to the bottom if we're executing 9-year-old boys for the sins of his father.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There's finally a black father involved in his kid's life, and this is what happens...

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

My guess is that he wasn't going over his spelling words with him on Thursday nights.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Generally I'm as up for glib and sarcasm as anyone ... not on this story.

11. Dick Whitman

I don't think my comment was very clear. I mean that I don't get the feeling that this gang banger was "involved in his kid's life" as we think of it.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It really wasn't your post that drew that comment from me. I was speaking more generally about the thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted