1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tribune Tower for sale in Chicago

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by I Should Coco, Oct 9, 2015.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

From "World's Greatest Newspaper" to "World's Most Overpriced Condos"?

Chicago Tribune

From the story: "Tribune Real Estate unveiled conceptual plans last year to redevelop the parcel, potentially tripling Tribune Tower's space with residential, retail and hotel components. The landmarked neo-Gothic building, which houses the Chicago Tribune and other tenants, has 737,000 square feet of space but is zoned for up to 2.4 million square feet."

I don't understand the ability to boost usable space so greatly ... unless they wreck the building?!?

Somewhere the Colonel ... with his trap doors and secret passages built into Tribune Tower ... kicked his dead dog.

Bronco77 likes this.
  2. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

Probably also happened during the Zell era when Michaels and friends used the Colonel's office for a poker party, complete with expensive booze and cigars.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I wonder if you could build a second tower behind (east of) the current tower):

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted