1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there not a running NHL season thread?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 9, 2015.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm sure I just missed it, but I've looked and used the search function and I can't seem to find it.

I was just going to post this on Antti Niemi's history-making opening night with Dallas -- a shutout and two assists: Stars' Antti Niemi did something no goalie has ever done before - CBSSports.com

If there is already a thread, please properly chastise me and help me find it.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Corey Crawford needs to be benched!

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Did you watch the other night when the announcers talked about the Kane situation? It was nauseating. I do know now that he had to spend seven weeks away from hockey, and it was really hard on him.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I was at work, so I had the sound off. Although hockey is the one sport that really suffers without announcers.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

For those who know hockey.....who are the teams I can bet against all season? I heard Buffalo was one, and that worked out well last night. Who else sucks?

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head, Edmonton, Carolina, New Jersey, Toronto

JackReacher likes this.
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I have now ensured that these teams will all surprise.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Edmonton might be better (not a top team, but much more competitive). I have a feeling they will win some games. If Conner McDavid lives up to even half the hype, he is going to make everyone forget Wayne Gretzky. And last year, their goaltending was much of the problem, and Cam Talbot is going to be an above average goalie for them. Their defense is still a weakness, but they did make some upgrades there.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I don't need them to lose every game. Just the ones in which I bet against them. Which, given my history of forgetting the NHL is happening most nights, will be once a week.

11. The Big Ragu

I got more excited about the coming of hockey season this year than I have in years. To the point that I had the preseason games circled on my calendar. I thought about starting an NHL thread on opening night when the Rangers faced the Blackhawks, but I figured there aren't a lot of people on here who will participate. I am glad this got going.

12. The Big Ragu

OK. Trying to think in terms of bad teams. I follow the East more closely. I agree with JC -- I'd put New Jersey at the very bottom. And Carolina and Toronto would be on the list. I think Philly has the potential to be one of the worst teams in the league. Boston might not be too good, either.

In the West. ... Arizona, Winnipeg, Colorado.

Draft saved Draft deleted