1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

This Seahawks-Lions game is boring the shit out of me, so let's jump ahead.

Week starts off with a fitting Thursday game between the underachieving Colts and the shitty Texans, whom I guess will be back to Hoyer at QB.

Sunday's top matchups:

Seattle doesn't appear to have the horses to hang with Cincinnati (a sentence never typed before), but the Bengals have to lose one of these weeks, right?

Another 4-0 team, Atlanta, hosts Washington. Last time these teams met at the dome, Shanahan went for two at the end and Kirk Cousins failed to convert.

Keeping with the undefeateds, Green Bay welcomes St. Louis. Which Rams team will show up?

New England is at Dallas. Stream the Patriots' defense, fantasy football people.

Denver is at Oakland. I like the Raiders' chances.

Monday night is Pittsburgh at San Diego. The Chargers should toy with Vick.

The Dolphins, as they have been all season, are off. Vikings, Jets and Panthers also have byes.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Think they said on the MNF broadcast (pregame or halftime?) that Texans sticking with Mallett.

If we don't see Bad Andy this week against the Seahawks, might have to call an anonymous tip to the CPD that Good Andy killed Bad Andy and buried his body in the back yard. Also, Wilson's legs pose a matchup problem for Bengals slow linebackers.

I'm probably going to get sick of typing "the Packers line has been really bad" by the end of the season, but: the Packers line has been really bad, and that could make STL a matchup nightmare (as always, it might not matter because Rodgers is insane).

Not sure the Chargers are capable of toying with Wolly Willy, let alone Vick.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I have a ticket for Lions Under 8.5 wins. Will they cash it four weeks from today or do I have to wait? :)

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Green Bay's bigger concern Sunday is keeping Rodgers from getting sacked six times and dinged around. That's an even larger concern than winning the game. GB will win the North by 3 or 4 games.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

You have to wait until the regular season is over.

6. Mr. Sunshine

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

How the damn hell could you not care for her style? She is an enchantress.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

She is attractive, but she is snarky and whiny most of the time. She might be an acquired taste.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Snarky and whiny is the new journalism. Get with it, grandpa.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. Now get off my lawn!

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I hate the misogynist phrase "punk ass bitch" but it sure looks like it applies to Ryan Mallett.

Draft saved Draft deleted