1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Postseason thread, aka: Will Mark Buehrle make an appearance?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's the question on everyone's mind.

Some others:

• Is this the year Clayton Kershaw finally brings it in the postseason?
    • Can Jake Arrieta keep this up for one more start?
    • Do the Cardinals flame out without their ace?
    • Do the Giants end up winning this thing anyway, even though they aren't technically in it?

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I'm curious if LA will go to its bullpen quicker. Kershaw was great through 6 last year. If the Dodgers think that's a pattern, it's a fairly easy one to solve. (That said, you could argue it wasn't a pattern, since he got knocked around early in 2013 NLCS, Game 6. Coincidentally, he only went 6 (giving up 1 ER) in his first NLCS start that year.)

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Kershaw should be OK for a round because he doesn't face the Cardinals. They're his death.

I'm looking at Cubs-Cardinals as the great first-round series.

Ultimately the Jays take it all, with the Cardinals again acting as the Giants' NL seat-warmers.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm going with the Dodgers to take out the Cubs in the NL, and the Blue Jays over the Yankees in the AL. Kershaw/Grienke bring the title to LA.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Fantastic thread title. :D

Mets have sputtered a bit of late, but I'd be surprised if they're not playing the Dodgers in the NLCS. That's quite a tossup, but I think the Mets are going to ultimately prevail. Blue Jays and Yankees will face off in the ALCS and the Jays will probably advance and win it all.

6. bigpern23

One thing I think is interesting about tomorrow is that the Yankees are going with Tanaka against Keuchel. I get all of the reasons why, but I'm still not sure if he's fully healthy. With no margin for error, I'd prefer to see the rookie Severino pitch tomorrow. He's the guy I'm most comfortable relying on right now.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Cubs v. Yankees.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'd be pretty surprised by that matchup.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is Keuchel the only guy who will be starting a Wild Card and/or Game 1 on short rest?

Will be interesting to see how that goes.

10. bigpern23

Whoops!

OK, let me amend that ... NLDS between the Mets and Dodgers is a tossup. I thought the Mets might be able to get on track with a division series matchup against the Cubs or Pirates, but given that they're going straight into the hell of facing Greinke and Kershaw, it seems more likely the Dodgers will prevail.

Cubs over Pirates in the Wild Card game, followed by a Cardinals victory in the NLDS. Dodgers beat the Cards, but lose to the Jays in the World Series.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Fuck St. Louis.

old_tony and Jake_Taylor like this.
  12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

How many Cubs fans are worried that Arrieta turns in his worst performance of the season in the wild-card playoff?

Draft saved Draft deleted