1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Boehner will resign from Congress

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This'll be a hoot 'n' Annie of a thread.

Per NYT:

WASHINGTON — Speaker John A. Boehner, under intense pressure from conservatives in his party, will resign one of the most powerful positions in government and give up his House seat at the end of October, throwing Congress into chaos as it tries to avert a government shutdown.

Mr. Boehner made the announcement in an emotional meeting with his fellow Republicans on Friday morning.

The Ohio representative had struggled from almost the moment he took the speaker’s gavel in 2011 to manage the challenges of divided government and to hold together his fractious and increasingly conservative Republican members.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/26/us/boehner-will-resign-from-congress.html?_r=0

[​IMG]

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I do enjoy Republican-on-Republican violence.

Songbird likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What did him in, the small wiener, the gaysex, the STDs, or the Studio54 drug scene?

doctorquant likes this.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It was the gaysex in tanning beds.

doctorquant likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I want photos of Boehner's glitter'd gayboys.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

This conservative's going to enjoy the royal rumble to try and claim the speaker seat. Someone got popcorn?

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

McCarthy's got it.

And he'll have just as hard a time.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I heard he's resiging because he fucked Nick Saban's kid.

steveu and Vombatus like this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Kevin McCarthy will get it. He already had the lunatic fringe wanting him over Boehner. Kevin also got much of that fringe elected in 2010 when the GOP retook the House.

He's a very likeable guy who has defense chops, energy chops, small biz chops and water/anti-environmental chops. He's got a little of everything that has made him popular in Kern County, CA. He should have no problem getting the speakership. But I agree, he's going to have a time controlling the lunatic fringe.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Watching MSNBC and they are essentially reporting this is over the planned parenthood videos. And the fight that is coming over defunding PP.

That seems astonishing to me.

Also Cruz is already talking shit about Boehner.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It's been coming for much longer than that. The PP issue was likely the final straw.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As best as I can decipher the call-in shrieking on C-SPAN2, the righties say the free ride for the Mooslim Neegro is now over. No more capitulation to his will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.