1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kiss the Kiss Cam goodbye at Syracuse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Justified or overreaction? A university should not make such an irrational decision because of one letter to the editor. Seems a little silly, and I'm sure many will tell them so.

Syracuse pulls kiss cam over sexual assault concerns

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Did Michael Sam get on before they shut it down?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I thought it was ridiculous when I saw the headline ... but if the letter is correct and unwilling women are being physically forced by groups of men, they have to end it.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

No. I say don't end it. And let's put an end in this country to everything being taken away because one person gets all upset. (The article itself says the person didn't mean to start this debate about taking the kiss cam down)

Be more careful who you look for at games. Look for people who are clearly there together. If they don't acknowledge the cam, then move on after a few seconds. But don't take the whole thing away.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I couldn't find the article, but there was one recently where an MLB team, which escapes me for a moment, said they would stop showing two members of the opposing team together in the dugout during the Kiss Cam, because it was poking fun at gays.

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Two Texas A&M Aggie corp guys were shown on KissCam sitting next to each at an A&M road game. That shot got quite the ovation.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

How about just knocking that Kiss Cam off in the first place?

HC and LongTimeListener like this.
  8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It was the Mets. Similar deal where some guy on Twitter complained, it caught a little momentum and the Mets decided it wasn't worth the trouble.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Funny, but maybe fake:

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They should get rid of it regardless. It's awkward. They constantly show people who either aren't there together or are platonic friends (or maybe relatives). Just get rid of the damn thing. Everyone.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

At the Cards -Cubs game the other night, the camera operator first asked the couple in front of us if they agreed to be on the Kiss Cam. Problem solved.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I like my solution better.

Draft saved Draft deleted