1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 3 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Week kicks off with Redskins at Giants. Washington has played surprisingly well, and the Giants have gacked two games away in the fourth quarter. Cousins threw 14 interceptions against NY last season.

It's also a big week if you enjoy watching shitty QBs. The Bears (Claussen), Cowboys (Weeden) and Saints (the other McCown) will all be starting backups.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Best thing that can happen is Redskins-Giants ends in a 0-0 tie and a giant sinkhole swallows both teams like in a bad novel.

3. Mr. Sunshine

There has never been a surer thing than the Seahawks beating the Bears this week in Seattle. You hear me, Reacher? Dig into that savings account.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Skins +4
    Tampa +6.5
    Arizona -6.5

#FadeReacher

5. JackReacher

By 15?

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Redskins have found a formula that can work -- run, play defense, limit Cousins' opportunities to kill you with a mistake.

They've played two teams with really strong defensive lines and have run over both of them. Bill Callahan, who helped develop the OL talent in Dallas, seems to have coached up what had been a suspect offensive line. Their time of possession is ridiculous -- averaging almost 38 minutes per game. And the big stat -- last week Cousins had no turnovers.

I'm a big fan of power football, and I'm very intrigued by Washington early. Of course, they're the Redskins, so something is bound to go wrong.

7. Mr. Sunshine

For all the shit Cutler takes, the offense can't function without him. I'd be stunned if the Bears score a TD.

Also, they haven't had a sack yet. Without a pass rush, they're a safe bet to give up 30+.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Given how much shit the OL took in the preseason, its play has been one of the more pleasant surprises so far.

9. JackReacher

I hear ya. I do. But man. Laying 14.5 is tough to do in the NFL. I'll probably stay away, while not being surprised if Seattle wins 34-9.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Some unlikely teams facing potential 0-3 craters to their 2015 season playing unbeaten teams:

Lions - hosting Denver Sunday night.
    Ravens - hosting Bengals.
    Eagles - at the Jets. Not sure the recipe for Chipper to untrack his offense is against a Jets defense that has 10 turnovers and only given up 17 points.

11. Mr. Sunshine

I'm gonna say Bradford doesn't finish that game, either through benching or injury.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Too big a number in today's NFL. Twenty years ago, a 31-10 lead was truly safe. I could see the Seahawks getting up a lot and then going prevent and winning by 10. Coaches don't care about winning big as much as winning healthy.

Draft saved Draft deleted