1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Games kick off with Broncos-Chiefs on Thursday. Two legit defenses. Chiefs might have the better offense.

2. Mr. Sunshine

New England-Buffalo has to be the top game Sunday. Ryan has had success against Brady, but I assume Belichick might have some surprises for Tyrod.

Also, Jeff Fisher gets another opportunity to troll the Redskins, Cowboys-Eagles should be fun, and the Seahawks will try to avoid an 0-2 start at Lambeau in the night game.

Jets-Colts on Monday. Hilton is out and Andre Johnson is old. Luck may be in for his second straight subpar game.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

4. JackReacher

New Orleans, Baltimore, Tennessee, and Miami might make a pretty attractive parlay and/or teaser option.

I think Baltimore will be my Survivor Pool pick this week.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

No one has ever accused me of being good at predicting the outcomes of games or seasons, but I am bullish on the Chiefs. The running game is excellent and Alex Smith is underrated -- and he has an actual wide receiver now in Maclin. And, of course, Kelce is a stud -- I heard him described the other day as a "poor man's Gronk." And the defense is really, really good.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Sure, the Raiders looked like shit, but the Ravens lost their best defensive player and the offense is being run by Marc Trestman. They'll probably still win, but this is looking like the season it all falls apart for Baltimore.

Think I'm going with the Saints in my pool.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Trying to remember the stat I heard on the radio this morning . . . going back to include the last few weeks of last season, the Bills have faced Luck, Rodgers and Peyton Manning and allowed a total of something like 600 yards. That's not bad.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

My wife's cousin has Chiefs season tickets -- and he lives in North Carolina. I bet he flies in for the game on Thursday.

9. JackReacher

I don't doubt it, but the Raiders might be without their QB and will definitely be without two starting DBs. It shouldn't be close.

Saints aren't a bad pick, either, though.

10. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

This was the week I predicted RGTres would go down for several games. But it seems that won't happen.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The combination of Suggs outside and Ngata inside has been a huge part of the Ravens' success, but it isn't like the defense is devoid of talent. Dumervil isn't a bad replacement, but they were hoping to use him far more sparingly.He also doesn't blow up running plays like Suggs can.

They do have some other talent up front and Mobley might be their best player on defense now, anyway.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Well, no, but someone floated a rumor that Kirk Cousins could get benched soon (like, within the next two weeks) with another mediocre performance. I don't know who said it, or how credible they are, but it was all over the place here this morning. To which, I say, LOL.

Draft saved Draft deleted