1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You only write about us when we dress as the Confederate flag and perform a Nazi salute

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It was an ironic commentary on his coach.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Not for nothing, but my wife and i go for walks in our neighborhood. There is a house a block away, they work on their motorcycles in the garage, they look a tad white-trashy. As we walked by the other day, my wife mentioned that a neighbor had seen "a confederate flag" in the garage this summer.

She used the same hushed tones you'd use in gossipping about a neighbor with a meth lab, or dog fighting ring.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The football player is merely celebrating his Southern and German heritages.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Fuck, you all are putting down some people's lifestyle, heritage and way of life. Be tolerant! Even of white trash assholes who might have guns!

Hi cran!

cranberry likes this.
  6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

FU, Internet, for making me read about Pace College.

Vombatus likes this.
  7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'll be back later. I need to be outraged a little longer about the Hungarian journalist who tripped the refugee guy who was carrying a kid. I have just so many fucks to give.

Vombatus likes this.
  8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

That does it!

I'm going to stop eating their picante sauce!

9. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I love the cutline on the story: "The image was released by an alleged group of African-American students."

amraeder likes this.
  10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

They were allegedly a group. But in actuality, they're just a loose collection. More a happenstance pairing than a group, really.

Gator and BDC99 like this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Didn't Pace have an African-American football player killed by white cops a few years ago? Doesn't sound like race relations there are peachy on either side.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Mssr. Owens, of course, is a criminal justice major. OF COURSE!

Draft saved Draft deleted