1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Natalie Pierre Williams in critical condition after car wreck

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Guillermo, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Guillermo

Guillermo New Member

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Damn. That sounds horrible.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Some bizarre doings by her husband immediately after the crash. I don't understand that part of the story. Hope she recovers quickly and as painlessly as possible - burns, ugh. A tough road ahead for sure.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yikes! Hope she makes it through, but the burns will definitely make for a difficult journey back to health.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Was just wondering if we had this.

Comments section is going nuts on this story...

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Yeah, it feels shitty to bring up, but what the fuck, man?

Williams' husband told police that after the crash he walked away from the crash scene to the apartment and when he returned within five minutes, the car was on fire. He told police he pulled her from the burning vehicle.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

And they were returning from checking out their new house or apartment or whatever at 2:30 a.m.?

8. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

That seems odd, as does the car apparently driving fast enough in an apartment complex to jump the curb, hit a tree and leading to the car catching fire.

About the husband leaving the scene, I could see a scenario where the accident happens, he's disoriented and can't find either of their cell phones (or they were broken in the crash or out of battery) and she's either trapped or unconscious, so he figures it's best to just run to the apartment for a minute, call 911 and go back to the car.

9. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Yeah, but it wasn't the husband who called 911 ... it was a passerby (quoting the story) and it was after the car was on fire ...

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

11. I wish her a peaceful death... As painless as possible.
    If her husband is involved in foul play, I hope he suffers more than she does.

12. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I haven't read the latest link but it sounds like to me either they had some booze or drugs on them and the husband ran to stash it away. If that's not the case, it sure gives off a foul play vibe. Those are some very strange circumstances to run off and leave your wife trapped in a car for five minutes. I feel kind of bad for thinking that but something just doesn't seem right.

I also feel terrible that I criticized this poor girl so hard for her plagiarism deal last year. I wouldn't wish what she's going through on my worst enemy. I wish her the best and hope she is blessed with a full, healthy recovery.

Draft saved Draft deleted