1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The resignation of Norwood Teague at Minnesota

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Holy smokers, Batman. What a tool. How does someone with that reputation get hired at a major? Knew the right people, that's for sure.

Booze is bad news.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Moddy, is Teague the guy who hired Shaka and started the Villa 7 symposium? If so, that might be the answer to Speed's question. Not that it excuses keeping a harasser around, but if the dude did have a legitimate procedural innovation on his record, that looks awfully good on a resume.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The editor's note looks especially crucial in light of Rolling Stone's epic fail in the Virginia rape story.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You can be great at your job and shitty at life, and you can be great at life and shitty at your job. They often are independent of each other.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This part is just heartbreaking ...

"It was my decision to make and I chose what I believed was self-preservation. I didn’t want my career interrupted because of a powerful man’s misdeeds. Making a formal complaint could have resulted in me losing access at the university. It could have forced me to take another beat, perhaps out of sports; to change my career path in a way I never planned.
    I was also concerned about how it would look were the information to get leaked. I carefully considered the editorializing and victim-shaming that goes on in such circumstances, and I wasn’t sure I wanted to go through that."

I can't imagine how horrible that decision must have been.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yes and perfectly understandable.

Seems to me that his resignation letter was crafted in such a way as to give the impression that he got a little tipsy one night and sent a couple flirty texts.

Sounds like this guy has 1. a drinking problem; 2. a penchant for aggressively harassing women that he has power over, which at a college campus would be a whole lot.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

So many of this guy's texts to Rayno were high on the creep factor, but none more than this one:

“The colonel is coming after you.”

What in the actual fuck?

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Maybe he wanted to take her out for chicken.

Lugnuts, SpeedTchr and TyWebb like this.
  10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

He eats more chicken any man ever seen.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

His shittiness intertwined through both his personal life and his job.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The real question is, is he referring to himself or to his "Little Norwood?"

TyWebb and expendable like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted