1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Walt Palmer, a dentist from Minnesota, and his bow and arrow are about to have an interesting week

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jul 28, 2015.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Eh, it's not like he killed a dog.

3. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Oh man, this guy is going to get it. My wife is a huge animal-lover, and when she read the details, even I was disgusted. Everything he did was illegal, with the guide and landowner already charged.

Admittedly, I'm not sure how serious the punishments will be, but at the very least, he's going to have people waiting for him when he lands -- like the woman who made the horrendous joke about going to Africa.

4. 93Devil

I honestly think what is more interesting is if he did this 20 years ago no one knows. If he did this 10 years ago, I'm guessing you could reduce the number of people reading this by 90%.

Now? Shit. He's fucked. He's probably gotten enough people pissed that his life and career are going to be very shitty for an extended period of time.

5. 93Devil

Some interesting comments on that thread...

Try taking a picture with the animal when it's alive. That's a lot harder.

Go hunt some ISIS. That's tough.

6. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

My wife: "Seriously, why is everyone making such a huge deal about this? I don't really care. He didn't kill a person."

I tend to agree after seeing a Facebook friend change her cover photo to the lion.

With social media, people tend to have a hard time with keeping things in perspective. But then again, there's always enough outrage to go around.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's a horrible person who deserves more than what he'll get. He killed a national icon of another country. Fuck him hard.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Was the lion gay?

poindexter likes this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

There will be a lot of people complaiing on Facebook and Twitter. A LOT.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Stoney likes this.
  11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Not sure what that means, but it made me think of this.

"Roooar"

[​IMG]

12. Mr. Sunshine

Saw a bunch of headlines saying the guy thought it was legal. Sure, people pay $50,ooo to hunt all the time. That's how deer hunting works, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted