1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Junior Seau's daughter not allowed to speak at HOF induction

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jul 26, 2015.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Dicks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/25/sports/football/junior-seaus-family-will-not-be-allowed-to-speak-at-his-hall-of-fame-induction.html

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It's smart PR.

I would rather have this fallout than the potential of her going on a concussion rant.

Hell, even if she didn't, the media of a fatherless daughter crying because the NFL pretty much killed her father is bad enough.

Heartless, but it's good business.

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I disagree that it's good PR. This decision has potential to blow up in the NFL's face far worse than giving the family a podium at the Hall of Fame induction would.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

This would be a much bigger deal if it hadn't been the HOF policy for deceased inductees for years now.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

A policy 4 years old? I have belts older than that?

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Still, and I'm not one quick to defend the shield, it isn't like they suddenly panicked about what the Seau family might say and suddenly made a rule.

And I have T-shirts that are 15 years old, so there.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You can bet both inches of Roger Goodell's dick that if Junior Seau was killed in a small plane delivering humanitarian supplies to Samoa, they would waive the waiting period and waive presenter rules and put the induction ceremony on Sunday Night Football.

The fact that Godell's employers negligently and with intentional indifference allowed Seau to be slowly killed, led them to this result.

sgreenwell, Riptide and Vombatus like this.
  8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That's Hall of Fame right there. Take a bow.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I don't care how big it is, as long as he sticks it to Brady.

10. freqposter

freqposter Active Member

If this is true about the alleged length of the commish's penis, I need to find out where Jane Skinner goes for a cup of coffee.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Obviously in a corn field next to a bookstore. Duh.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

So, you have players who don't get recognized into the Hall until after their dead.

Then, you have a rule where no one is his family can speak at the award ceremony.

Almost makes me think, why even bother then?

Stupid rule.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted