1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Renegade mothering / dicks in restaurants

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Vombatus, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If the food's good, I can tune out anything.

Then again, I could write on deadline in a pressbox while the guy next to was reading his story out loud while typing and the guy on the other side was cheering for the point spread in the college games.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Hard to see the winner in Mom writing about "karma biting you in the ass!" against a screaming diner owner.

4. Vombatus

Some of the comments to that article are gold too. Like, ten comments in, an argument breaks out, and someone replies "Did you miss the part about not being dicks?"

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Why the qualifier about 'in a restaurant'?

Seems much better to live your life by a simpler rule: Don't be a dick.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  6. Vombatus

Agreed. And, am I the only one uncomfortable with the first name "Dick"?

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Maybe it'll come back around, but no kid named Richard went by Dick when I was a kid.
    I don't know any Dicks.
    If I have a son, Richard is not one of my preferred names. If I have a son and get over-ruled on the name and he is named Richard, we will not call him Dick.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Common sense goes a long way, and some people cannot seem to use it when it comes to their kids.

9. Vombatus

Nixon didn't help the legacy of the name Dick either. Not quite as bad as Adolf though. So there's that.

10. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

The winner would be a piano, suspended from above, then breaking loose from its tether and crashing down on both of them.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

Draft saved Draft deleted