1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer for hire in MN, with willingness to move

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Brian Hall, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Brian Hall

Brian Hall New Member

Hey all, signed up for the first time after being informed of the site by a former coworker. New here and it said to introduce myself, so here goes:

Have worked for FOX Sports North for the past four seasons covering the Minnesota Vikings, Minnesota Wild and whatever else has come my way. Have also been a regular stringer for the Associated Press in the Twin Cities for 10 years now.

Unfortunately, like most of you have probably heard, FOX Sports decided to lay off all its regional writers leaving a lot of good workers without the jobs they depended on. I'm with the rest of them now hoping for the best.

Don't hesitate to reach out and I look forward to being on this site and keeping in contact with my fellow reporters.

-Brian

Jeff likes this.
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good luck with your search, Brian.

Make sure to check out the jobs board.

We'll see if we can give you a reprieve from having to fetch beers for all the veterans.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Screw that reprieve stuff. Get me a Blue Moon.

Oh, wait...

I forget, does that make me a pretentious snob or a clueless loser?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You can be both!

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

What a bargain!

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

BTW, does it make me old if the thread title makes me think of "Have Gun, Will Travel"?

Liut likes this.
  7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Wire Paladin, San Francisco.

I'm old too. ;)

Liut likes this.
  8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

YES!

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And good luck, Brian. And sorry to hear it. Haven't been there yet as far as layoffs, but seems only a matter of time.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, but are you good enough to work for The Plain Dealer?#oldjoke #picklejuice

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Wow. That's pulling from really deep in the nether regions.

Other than noting that this is probably on the wrong board, I'll ask this question in all seriousness: Have you considered PR? Whatever your misgivings, they're superceded by the need to to make a living.

Killick likes this.
  12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that all people in Minnesota were willing to move.

Draft saved Draft deleted