1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 hours in NYC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Jul 22, 2015.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

A buddy and I are heading to NYC in a couple weeks on a Friday. Arriving early that morning, leaving the next morning.

I haven't been up there in a few years. We're staying in Midtown East. We plan on bar-hopping and just generally wandering around.

Where should we drink? Where should we eat?

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Swine in the Meatpacking District has excellent food. The bone marrow burger is amazing. Walk the high line and finish at the Standard Biergarten.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sarge's Deli on 3rd. Matzo ball soup for the ages, and mile-high sandwiches. Roasted chicken that'll change your world outlook.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Big Ragu's Gold Bar and Grill.

The menus are a lengthy read.

JackReacher likes this.
  6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Make sure you exchange your currency before you get there - they don't accept Euros.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Don't get Greek olive oil on anything either. They suck at it.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You have brought up pizza on here. It's on my mind because I was there last weekend. If you make it down to the West Village, Keste is very good; one of the better neopolitan pizza pie places in NY, in my opinion: Home - Keste

West Village is also a fun area to walk around on the weekend and to drink, too. Expect a line at Keste, and expect some of the bars to be crowded (and maybe a little young, if you are a fart like I am). But you can stumble around that area and find bars to head into and out of easily. If you do bar hop down there, I take it you don't do foofy, and Johnny's Bar on Greenwich is a good place to hang out for a few drinks. It's kind of a dive, but comfy, and gets a normal crowd. And you won't be paying $20 a pop for your drinks. West Village Bar With Jukebox

9. JackReacher

New York pizza sucks!

But seriously, where's the best place to stalk celebrities and make things awkward?

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Find Alec Baldwin and chase him around with a camera.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Stalk celebrities? ? Is that code for 'Where the hookers at?'

12. JackReacher

Nah. Hookers are easy to find.

Draft saved Draft deleted