1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wesley Clark Calls for Internment Camps for "Radicalized" Americans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 20, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Right out of FDR's playbook:

Retired general and former Democratic presidential candidate Wesley Clark on Friday called for World War II-style internment camps to be revived for “disloyal Americans.” In an interview with MSNBC’s Thomas Roberts in the wake of the mass shooting in Chatanooga, Tennessee, Clark said that during World War II, “if someone supported Nazi Germany at the expense of the United States, we didn’t say that was freedom of speech, we put him in a camp, they were prisoners of war.”

He called for a revival of internment camps to help combat Muslim extremism, saying, “If these people are radicalized and they don’t support the United States and they are disloyal to the United States as a matter of principle, fine. It’s their right and it’s our right and obligation to segregate them from the normal community for the duration of the conflict.”

Wesley Clark Calls for Internment Camps for "Radicalized" Americans

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Since when has Muslim extremism been a problem?

3. YankeeFan

smallpotatoes will support this if we can include "false flag" nuts.

cjericho likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed in you for tipping your hand on Word 4. You're better than that.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm confused. I thought the plan was to hold regional Muhammad-caricature contests so we can draw them out in the open and kill them with our Second Amendment rights?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree with Gen. Clark and think that we should kill two birds with one stone and make Texas the internment camp.

Benefits:

Can coordinate disloyal American intake with Jade Helm invastion plans

If we fence off Texas, we get much of the Mexican border fence built be default

Ted Cruz is already there

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The snag with Gen. Clark's plan is though many may be in favor of locking away radicalized Muslims bent on destroying America, the NRA may have an issue with taking away their guns for fear of setting a precedent.

So it may die in committee.

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

9. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"Disloyal Americans". "Enemy combatants"

It's all the same.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Bullseye. Exactly what I was about to post.

Sorry, YF, but your opening line makes it way to obvious that this is an agenda post. Somewhat interesting story, might be worth discussion under different circumstances, but not when the intro makes it so clear that it's just meant to provoke another dumb left/right pissing match. You gotta be more subtle about this shit.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  12. YankeeFan

LOL. Where'd the idea come from?

Maybe he got it from Wilson's internment of German-Americans during WWI.

But, I'm not sure why any liberal/leftist would be upset with how I phrased my post. While FDR was certainly a liberal, and remains a liberal hero to this day, his internment of Japanese-Americans was obviously a conservative tactic, and thus does not stain the liberal movement in any way.

Draft saved Draft deleted