1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football 2015

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

It's never too early to annoy people by talking fantasy football.

Doing mocks, the first round is pretty consistent, but the order is not. Is the top guy Lacy, Peterson, Charles, Lynch?

And the wild card is Bell, who almost certainly would be the consensus No. 1 if he wasn't facing a suspension. When do you take him?

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't risk the first overall pick on Peterson. He may be a beast, but there are too many unknowns. I'd probably go with Lynch among that group. As for Bell, if he's available in the second round, I'd take him. My hunch is the league will reduce the suspension to 2 games.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you could get Williams to go along with Bell, then I would grab Bell in a heartbeat. But if you grab Bell, you have to alter the rest of your draft.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

It's the most wonderful time of the year! I'll go Lacy, Peterson, Bell, Lynch, Charles, but I'm splitting the thinnest of hairs with that bunch. Unless Ray Rice is available, right, Sunshine? ;)

I'm debating whom to keep in my main league (12 teams, .5 PPR). I'm deciding between Eddie Lacy at 1-9 and either Travis Kelce or Jonathan Stewart for my 10th-rounder. I'd rather keep one of the latter two for value purposes, but I just don't see a path to getting one of the top RBs without keeping Lacy. Any advice?

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  5. Mr. Sunshine

Ha! I saw your name on the thread and thought, 'Ray Rice!'

Lacy is not a "sexy" pick, but he may be the safest. He doesn't have the question marks the others do.

Bell will go in the first round of every draft. I wouldn't take him until the second half, though, because you'll likely need another top RB on your wraparound pick. If you take him too early, none will be available, or you'll be reaching to fill that spot with a Morris or Ingram or Gordon.

Big Circus likes this.
  6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Are people still taking RBs first overall?

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think a three-down back is the most valuable player in FF, it's just there are only a few in the NFL.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

QB. Every time.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Listen here, people. I'm an expert and I say ...

A consistent RB is increasingly rare these days, so while the odds of hitting on an early one are lower than the top QBs and WRs, because everyone still freaks out about them, you either have to account for them early so as not to totally miss out, or just say, "Fuck it," and build your team with the more consistent positions and HOPE you hit on a RB or two late. Of course, that's a crapshoot because the lesser RBs are so for a reason, and in a pass-happy league, a mediocre back isn't likely to be anything but. A couple wild cards this year are Gordon and Yeldon. Both are on teams desperately in need of running games. I've done a couple mocks where I took them as my top two. Big risk, but if you're half right, you've already grabbed a Luck or Rodgers and a couple stud receivers, so your chances of overall success are pretty damn good. I'd rather take my chances on a couple guys in the fourth and fifth round than reach for a Lamar Miller or Alfred Morris earlier.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That's what I mean. Why is everyone still freaking out about them? Then again, they keep track of total fantasy points each year, right? I could be totally wrong.

11. Mr. Sunshine

BECAUSE NOBODY CAN THINK FOR THEMSELVES ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!

JackReacher likes this.
  12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

This is why I prefer fantasy BB to FB. It's such a crapshoot. Injuries, the lack of available RBs, the no margin for error. Football is so much tougher. I don't like to work that hard in my old age.

Draft saved Draft deleted