1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four Marines killed in a rampage shooting, coincidentally occurring a few weeks after another one

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

RIP, Marines.

Won't be a lot of outrage from the anti-gun people over this one. It may not even be discussed in certain circles.

SBR likes this.
  3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Why?

If there was any reason why it would not be discussed it would be these are becoming so commonplace it's almost like a dog bites man story.

As with any gun related crime, I am always curious about where and how the weapon was obtained and if the shooter was legally allowed to have a weapon. That does not change no matter who gets shot.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Have they determined what flag was responsible, and how soon we can get it down?

JackReacher likes this.
  5. Mr. Sunshine

They've released the name of the gunman. Inky will not be happy.

6. Mr. Sunshine

You should start a thread somewhere.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Tried... people don't use it enough. :)

8. Dick Whitman

You guys keep saying this, and it's silly.

It was inappropriate for that dumb flag to keep flying at the South Carolina statehouse after Charleston. I said that 10 seconds after the shooting happened. It wasn't necessarily to blame - although it did lend official legitimacy to Dyann Roof's views - but you couldn't keep it up there any more. It should have come down years ago.

9. Dick Whitman

I wonder what his motive was.

10. Mr. Sunshine

I can understand the annoyance of yet another symoblism-over-substance effort, but a racist gunman massacred 9 people in a church in a state that had the flag on its Capitol grounds. It was the perfect storm for the flag to be the "culprit."

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Congrats on using the deaths of four people to land an impotent jab on a message board.

12. Mr. Sunshine

You once "hoped" that the Ft. Hood shooter was an American. That's a Shetland pony you're riding.

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted