1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just don't think MTV likes white people

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

MTV is coming under fire for its plans to air a documentary shaming white people for their privileged position in the U.S. Of course, MTV says it's trying to create a dialogue, or some such corporate marketing bullshit, but ... really?
    Remember when they used to show videos?

MTV to air White People documentary hosted by Jose Antonio Vargas | Daily Mail Online

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

We want to start a dialogue about how white people suck.

Shut up and stick to exploiting pregnant teenagers.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wasn't showing Puck stealing Pedro's peanut butter enough to shame whites?

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's fair, BET has been shaming black people for 30 years

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Fuck MTV.

Humans of New York could start the same dialogue with a picture and a caption, and do a better job of it.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I havent watched 20 minutes of MTV in 20 years. The shitcurse of "reality" teevee has destroyed the channel.

When the Beavis and Butt-head revival a couple years ago fizzled, I clicked it off forever. Get it off my channel lineup.

8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I think the news here is that MTV is still on the air. Clearly desperate to stay relevant.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Eh, you'd just question every goddamn aspect of it, Mr. Lawyer Arguer Guy. (insert emoticon)

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Bud Light presents Real Men of Genius ...
    Here's to you Mr. Lawyer Arguer Guy ...

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

MTV is so irrelevant that I couldn't even tell you what channel it is on my cable package.

12. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I just get tired of hearing how privileged I am because, despite growing up in near poverty as a child and suffered borderline abuse, I can watch TV and see someone who looks like me.

I also hate the fact that if say something like this in public, I would be slammed as a racist and have my life destroyed. I hate even more that I'm not using hyperbole when I say that.

Draft saved Draft deleted