1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In the Poin files ... of Pure Michigan...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by UPChip, Jul 2, 2015.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

MOUNT CLEMENS, Mich. (AP) — A former southeastern Michigan teacher already serving time in prison on charges she had sex with a 15-year-old student has been sentenced to 6-15 years for related charges in Macomb County.
    Kathryn Ronk earlier pleaded guilty to two counts of third-degree criminal sexual conduct. She was originally facing first-degree counts and other charges.
    On Thursday, the 30-year-old learned her punishment. She apologized in court and said she takes full responsibility for her actions.
    She was sentenced in March to 6-15 years in prison in Oakland County, where she also pleaded guilty to third-degree criminal sexual conduct charges.
    Authorities say she engaged in sexual acts with the teenager in classrooms at Bishop Foley High School in the Oakland County city of Madison Heights. Some encounters reportedly took place in Macomb County.

More details from the Detroit News: Teacher gets prison for sex with student

[​IMG]

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

And yes, it appears to be a DB, but I'm going to appeal based on the additional charges.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"If this was a male teacher who had been involved with a 15-year-old female, there would be people here hanging from the ceiling trying to get every drop of blood," Grant said. "But because it is a woman, there seems to be a winking about what happened."

Not seeing the problem.

Damn activist judge.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What do you get when you combine a 6 with a 15-year-old?

6-15 years in prison!

Sounds harsh but hard to resist numerically.

BDC99, Baron Scicluna and JackReacher like this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is a db, but that pic in post 1 makes it worthwhile. When you contrast it with the courtroom pic, well, my morning's been made.
    [​IMG]

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I later did a site search for the name and it appears she came up in several unrelated threads about others. She may not have earned one of her own.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It is different. You know its different. I know its different. This woman is going to jail because of a need to treat everyone the same, rather than treat everyone as an individual.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Its all good. The pics on this one have earned this thread's Poin Seal of Approval.

UPChip likes this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Ah we haven't had a good Poin for a little while. Well done. And a solid 6 to boot.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Pic 1, she is a deadringer for Jennifer Love Chewitt.

murphyc likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Do you mean, per Not AP Style Book, Chesty McGee?

Draft saved Draft deleted