1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NHL Off-season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Liut, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Saad was traded to Columbus yesterday. Kessel was sent to Pittsburgh today. A lot of trades lately and among those was Los Angeles dealing Martin Jones to Boston in the Lucic trade and now the Bruins have shipped Jones to San Jose. I doubt Lombardi pictured having Jones in his own conference, let alone division.

Thoughts?

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Should add to the Kings-Sharks rivalry. But the Kings might be too busy trying to deal with their wife beaters and druggies.

3. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

Stan Bowman must have thought Saad wasn't willing to "commit to the indian":

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Caps get Justin Williams late last night and just traded Brouwer and a goalie prospect for T.J. Oshie. GMBM doing work.

5. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Caps absolutely boned the Blues on that trade.

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Brouwer scored more and makes less.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

But Brouwer has only one year left on his contract, while TJ has two. So, there's that.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Love vacationing in a hockey world. I'm in Almaty. Yesterday I ran into a guy with a New York Rangers T-shirt and today a kid with a Calgary Flames hat sat at the next table over at lunch.

Unlike when I saw similar in Morocco, I think these guys know what they mean.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

KJIM, glad you weren't on that ferry boat the other day.

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Just about dropped my cup of coffee Thursday when the news broke Lou Lamoriello had resigned from the Devils and joined the Maple Leafs as general manager. However, after thinking about it, I don't know if it's really that much of a big deal. It's Babcock's team and with the money he's making, Babcock can tell Lamoriello to go stuff himself if he wants to.

11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I look forward to Babcock being fired in early April with his team firmly in a playoff spot so Lou can take over. Or maybe he'll fire Babcock the day after Christmas like he did DeBoer.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

1000% wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted