1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I would hardly call that a rampage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rusty Shackleford, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

50 teens rush a Walmart with the stated goal of causing as much damage as possible and come away having caused... $2,000 in damage? One guy, one screwdriver and one nice TV could do that. Kids these days cant even cause mayhem properly!

Teens storm Georgia Wal-Mart in wild rampage of destruction : News

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think you are not giving Walmart enough credit for its low, low prices.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Was this a protest against Wal-Mart pulling the Confederate flag from shelves?

4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

It's walmart, not Aldi! I dont think the average Aldi has $2,000 worth of stuff at any given time.

Ace likes this.
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the number is so low because Walmart's deal with its vendors requires them to eat the cost of merchandise broken by rampaging teens. Probably on page No. 16,231 of the standard contract.

cranberry likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They would have been stopped, but the manager on duty had to leave because his 40 hours were up.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I thought Walmart sells guns? Why didn't the employees arm themselves and defend Walmart's property from this destruction?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

How long were they in there? Two minutes of wildly swinging a baseball bat in the electronics department could cause more than $2,000 in damage. Hell, using a pocket knife in the meat department to cut open packages could probably do that much.
    These kids suck. Especially the one that got busted when he came back for his cellphone. Dumbass.

Ace likes this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I guess I should be impressed that they stopped using their iPhones to take pictures of their tits and dicks long enough to even go to a Walmart.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Will the video be released?

11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

12. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted