1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At least 4 people shot in Mercer Park in Jersey City

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 21, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

At least four people, including two 15-year-olds, were shot tonight in Mercer Park in Jersey City, police said in radio transmissions.

Jersey City police confirmed that four people were shot, and at least one with life-threatening injuries.

Police responded to New Hope Lane at about 9:15 p.m. on reports of gunfire during a large party at the park’s basketball court, according to the radio transmissions.

Police are searching for a silver minivan, police said in radio transmissions.

At least 4 people shot in Mercer Park in Jersey City: police

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's three similar incidents of shooting into crowds at large public gatherings in the inner city, all of them at block parties, two of them at basketball courts, in the last 24 hours.
    Terrorism?
    Three in 24 hours seems to be a pattern, and in three different cities it's obviously not one psycho doing it. Something's going on here.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What's up with these parties on basketball courts? Shouldn't they be used for, you know, dodgeball or something like that?

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Lots of people on here enjoying these shootings.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Raise your hand if you didn't get shot this weekend.

6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Hands up. Don't shoot.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Take it to the running thread.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

This deserves its own thread, unless you think these lives don't matter.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

But it's New Jersey...

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

#allthreadsmatter

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't get it. I know there was a thread expressing that, as well, but I see it was deleted and four people were probably put in the box for posting on it.

I understand the sentiment that the media doesn't cover it when n$&$s shoot each other. But Charleston seems like a strange case to get pissy over. That wasn't Big Mike or Trayvon Martin being uppity. Nine people died.

Draft saved Draft deleted