1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it too late for Alexander Hamilton to identify as female?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 17, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hamilton to be removed from the $10 bill in favor of a woman:

The Treasury Department is preparing to announce that they are putting a woman on the $10 bill, as a source has confirmed what appears to be a premature tweet.

Treasury Secretary Jack Lew will announce Thursday that the Bureau of Engraving and Printing will put a woman on the bill as soon as 2020.

The US Government is Replacing Alexander Hamilton With a Woman on the $10 Bill

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The $20 bill will now be worth $15.60.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Hamilton lost a duel and now he's losing his place in history... for some broad?

4. YankeeFan

The people arguing for a woman on our currency were looking to displace Jackson from the twenty. Seems odd that they would leave him in place, and knock off the father of our currency, and monetary system.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I thought so, too. Personally, would have rather seen Jackson booted. But for some reason they didn't ask me....jerks.

6. YankeeFan

What is the name of the annual fundraising dinners held by Democrats in counties across the country?

slappy4428 likes this.
  7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I haven't the foggiest idea. I don't get invites to those, either. Probably because I don't know the difference between a soup spoon and underpants.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Hamilton is the most underrated Founding Father. They may be Jeffersons words that we remember, but it's Hamilton's federalism in which we live

9. YankeeFan

Jefferson-Jackson Day Dinners: Jefferson–Jackson Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can't throw poor Andrew under the bus. He's a founder of the Democrat party.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I always thought it was pretty ironic for Jackson, who fought against a federal bank, to appear on a federal bank note.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This. If anyone belongs on our paper money, it's Alexander Hamilton. I'd knock Andrew Jackson (the $20) out of the mix. Or U.S. Grant on the $50. But Hamilton?

12. YankeeFan

Maybe they'll take Jackson off the $20 when they're ready to put an Native American/Indian American -- you, know, what Loretta Sanchez would call a "woo woo" Indian -- on a bill.

Draft saved Draft deleted