1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running "Cops be crazy yo" thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Jun 8, 2015.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

McKinney, Texas...COME ON DOWN! This one is all over Twitter and facebook. Police called to a disturbance at a pool party. A couple of the officers and calmly talking to the kids and trying to gather what happened...then there's this guy. Running around, barrel rolls, and pulling his service pistol. Cop is now on suspension while they investigate. I'm setting the odds at 2:1 that "cleared of any wrongdoing" will be in a story shortly.

McKinney, Texas, Cop Placed on Leave After Pulling Gun on Teens at Pool Party - NBC News

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for him to say he thought she was reaching into her bikini for a gun.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So "swimming while black" is a crime now?

Edit: Of course, it's been a crime since the release of "Norbit," but that's another issue...

[​IMG]

4. BitterYoungMatador2

If you outlaw titties only outlaws will have titties.

cyclingwriter2 and Big Circus like this.
  5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Is anyone else a little uneasy by this new "let's film the cops and make them out to be evil" thing going around the Internet now?

I mean, cops behaving badly is a very bad thing for society but a lot of these videos are not completely in context and we don't know the entire story and also, no offense, most of the time I watch this shit and say "You know, if you would have just shut the fuck up and moved to the other sidewalk when the cop told you to, this incident wouldn't have happened."

I'm not saying that cops are always right, I am saying this is becoming a bit ridiculous with the "outrage" and "always assume the cops are the bullies" mentality that oozes out of these videos when they are posted.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not going to excuse his vulgar language, bully mentality and seemingly only targeting blacks. Those are inexcusable.

I am, however, going to give him a pass at pulling his weapon. He was (rightly or wrongly) trying to subdue bikini girl when those two dudes rushed him. Why the f*ck would you ever think it's a great idea to advance on a cop in a heated situation?

7. BitterYoungMatador2

Cause and effect is lost on you, isn't it?

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

That's the other thing - if I was a cop wrestling with a subject and some idiots charged me, you are damn right my gun is coming out of the holster

9. BitterYoungMatador2

Did you happen to notice the other OTHER POLICE OFFICERS in the video who were speaking to these kids in a normal tone of voice and weren't having nearly the hard time that Paul Blart was? One kid actually handed a flashlight back to the cop that he dropped and the cop thanked him.

10. TopSpin

TopSpin Member

Yes, sir. Then it all went to hell when that cop interrupted them and went Mr. Super Cop on everyone. The only thing missing was his entrance theme music:

"Here I come to save the day!"

11. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

I have a hard time criticizing the filmers and film distribution; why be afraid of scrutiny? That's the ultimate cop-out as a society. Without scrutiny beat down "confessions" are still merely admissible confessions. Misconduct only comes to light because of scrutiny. That's the whole genesis of the Supreme Court's implementation of the 5th Amendment and 4th Amendment protections.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

There are a lot of cops out there who seem to think that the worst crime you can commit is not murder, arson or rape; it is refusing to shut up not do whatever the hell the cop demands right that second.

Say you came upone your senator and he was talking to a couple people, and you stepped up to ask him a question. He tells you he is conducting official senate business and you need to shut up and step away. And if you don't you'll be taken to jail in handcuffs.

You wouldn't put up with that from a senator, but we are expected to put up with that from cops every day.

Draft saved Draft deleted