1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Small daily needs sports editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by FinsFan, Jun 5, 2015.

1. FinsFan

FinsFan New Member

A small Kansas newspaper is seeking a sports editor. Great position for recent college graduate. One-man position with help at times from freelancers. To apply, send resume and, if possible, clips to kssportseditor@gmail.com

*NOTICE: DO NOT PM ME ABOUT THIS OPENING, I'VE POSTED AT REQUEST OF ANOTHER NEWSPAPER. THANKS*

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I remember a job posting once from a small Kansas paper for a Sports Editor "with experience operating a Goss Suburban press." I bet that would've been a cheery gig.

3. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

For the love of God, please, please, please list the city and state in the title of job threads.

If the city is supposed to be anonymous, don't expect too many people to get excited about it. It comes off at best as a lack of pride in the newspaper, and worst, too embarrassed to admit the location.

studthug12 likes this.
  4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Marketing campaign could use a little work.
    You're pitching Kansas with a tornado avatar?

5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Wow, too embarrassed to admit where the damn paper is. Yeah, I bet that's one hell of a great gig.

Sports Guy and studthug12 like this.
  6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Actually, I'd say the "at worst" here is a newspaper that's trying to line up a replacement for a sports editor it intends to fire.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Good point.

8. FinsFan

FinsFan New Member

Geez, do a quick favor for a sister newspaper and catch hell. McPherson, KS needs a sports reporter/editor and Pratt, KS -- a two-days-a-week newspaper -- is also looking for a sports reporter. Ability to take own photos needed. All I'm doing is forwarding info along...

9. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Haven't seen McPherson but Pratt shows up here often. Not sure if it is quality/lack thereof or just people moving on ASAP.

10. Iola, Kansas also needs a sports editor.

11. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Catch Hell? Ask Steve Bartman about what it's like to really catch hell, then come back and whine.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Bartman? Edward Snowden spits in your general direction.

Doc Holliday likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted