1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The truth comes out: George killed Susan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jun 4, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Jason Alexander told Stern why this 'Seinfeld' character was killed off

Said Alexander: "This poor girl."

"Was it true? Was there..."

"OK, the preamble to this is that it's a wonderful girl [Heidi] Swedberg. I love her. She's a terrific girl. I love her. I couldn't figure out how to play off of her."

"You're being kind."

"No. Her instincts for doing a scene—where the comedy was—and mine were always misfiring. She would do something, and I would say, 'OK, I see what she's doing. I'm going to adjust to her.' I would adjust, and it would change... It was such a disaster."

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You could've given me a billion guesses and I never would've imagined that Susan is now one of the world's foremost ukulele players.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

No role for you!

murphyc likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Something doesn't smell right about it. I thought Susan was good, and I thought the George-Susan dynamic was pretty strong as well.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yeah. She and Tiny Tim .............. will never be in my kitchen.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I have always thought that ending the show with The Invitations and especially those last scenes would have been the perfect series finale.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Really impressive how often Howard Stern gets celebs to reveal stuff like this that nobody else ever got out of them. Plenty of stuffed shirt "serious" journalists could learn a thing or two about interviewing from that sex-obsessed shock jock.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Not sure there was any public clamor for a Heidi Swedberg update, that would merit "serious" journalists investigating it.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I could see that as an actor, you would not want to be "misfiring" with Jason Alexander. Get the sense he would have you run off. Who knew he would have you killed off?

10. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Julia Louis-Dreyfus should get proper credit for her assist.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you misunderstood what he said.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That was also the last Larry David episode (though he came back to write the series finale).

Draft saved Draft deleted