1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Media members angry about Steph Curry bringing his daughter to press conference

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Kayaugstin Kott, May 20, 2015.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Remember when this asshole intruded on reporters doing their jobs?

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Boy, is that ever an SJ.com comeback.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

You can't possibly be equating the arena and the press conference, right? You don't have to stretch that far to make your point.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, Ty. Yeah, he did.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Which reporters have missed deadline because Curry's kid interrupted for a few seconds?

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You can't possibly be thinking the presence of Steph Curry's daughter prevented working professionals from doing their jobs, right?

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

See, I think Ty's main thing is that it was annoying. Which I can't argue with. Kids, in general, are very annoying. :)

TyWebb likes this.
  8. MisterCreosote

And, that's what makes this even more ridiculous. Riley Curry is a 0.2 on the 1-to-10 scale of how annoying a 2-year-old can be.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I never said that. I said it would be annoying. In fact that is the only word I've used to describe it this whole time. When my boss brings her kid in to work because she couldn't find a sitter, I find it annoying. I still get my work done, though.

JackReacher likes this.
  10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I agree with this, but that works both ways.

Alma's comparisons have been just as crazy.

11. MisterCreosote

Is this not similar?

A few weeks ago, I went shopping for a grill at Lowe's. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I had my maniac toddler son with me. I ended up not buying anything because I couldn't concentrate on what the salesperson was telling me, because my son was acting like a lunatic.

Should that salesperson be able to petition his/her boss to bar children from the store? Or, should he/she suck it up as a cost of doing business and move on?

Never mind that, as a pure analogy to Curry's situation, I would've bought the grill anyway.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Wait, didn't you say you worked at Home Depot*? I hope your bosses don't read this board.

* Fully acknowledging that was most likely a hypothetical

Draft saved Draft deleted