1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Media members angry about Steph Curry bringing his daughter to press conference

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Kayaugstin Kott, May 20, 2015.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

No. It's not. That's what you haven't gotten about this from the start. It's about not intruding on people doing their job.

You can think me doing my play-by-play in the press box at a high school football game carries no importance. That's your opinion. But that's part of the job as I know it, and I have the right to do it without a 2-year-old jumping up and down around me.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yes. Definitely that's the part that is not being gotten -- how difficult it is on the reporters. There is no other missing of the point happening here.

I asked this earlier, but has anyone in attendance at either press conference lodged a complaint? Or just the jackals like Bayless?

3. jr/shotglass

And again, the press conference is ostensibly held for the benefit of the media trying to complete their task. If it's not for that anymore, somebody spell it out. Then the media won't spend their 90 minutes before deadline wasting their time at it.

It is about the reporters. I know that disappoints some, but that's the definition of "press conference."

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I've lost count of how many stupid fucking press conferences I attended. I can remember being at only one that, in and of itself, generated news. The Allen Iverson "practice" one. And even that had to be heavily manipulated and stripped of all context in order to be "newsworthy."

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I don't know. I haven't seen the PC -- just heard the uproar.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The kid was disruptive for 10 seconds. A reporter farting would've been more intrusive.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The media has been able to complete their tasks, no? They're just pissed off that a kid interrupted for a few seconds that one time, right?

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I just can't imagine it being cool in any other profession to say "what you are doing isn't that important" and allowing a 2-year-old to hold court in a workplace. And make no mistake, the press conference is a workplace for those reporters in attendance.

It certainly wouldn't keep me from doing my job, and I would refrain from complaining about it outside of my circle of colleagues, but it would still annoy me.

9. LongTimeListener

The arena is a workplace too. Nobody should cheer, because I don't stand up and yell in my office.

Won't anyone think of the reporters?

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The annoyance is fine. But saying that it's keeping reporters from doing their jobs is not at all accurate.

11. jr/shotglass

It'd be great if everyone would give up trying to make equations about this. They do not work.

12. LongTimeListener

LOL.

The most hilarious part of this thread is that you insist you're the one with your finger on the pulse.

Just keep staring straight ahead at your screen and don't look at the world outside. It doesn't serve you well to think.

JackReacher likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted