1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Media members angry about Steph Curry bringing his daughter to press conference

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Kayaugstin Kott, May 20, 2015.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No, according to Joe Schmoe they made athletes look good for years for the stupid fan. They deserve better.

Is Joe Schmoe Dennis Dodd?

LongTimeListener likes this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Mr. President, can you talk about the Bay of Pigs?"

Songbird and LongTimeListener like this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In which Charles Barkley defends journalists better than most journalists have a mind to defend themselves.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, Charles just needs to get over himself.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Charles Barkley has been wrong before, he's wrong now, and he'll be wrong again.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong about anything he said. And there's nothing wrong about what the media said. The PC police are just saying that the media, being the pariahs they are, have no right to complain about anything.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The PC police in this case includes every media member (or almost every one) who was actually at the press conference in question.

Knowing how completely disconnected some media members can be from the actual fan experience and the reason people like sports in the first place, this shouldn't be that surprising. But I guess the pure entertainment of last night's episode had me thinking better than I should have.

RecoveringJournalist likes this.
  8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

If Windhorst and Bayless were the two reporters who were the most incensed, I feel pretty good about coming down on the other side of the argument. :D

9. RecoveringJournalist

It was funny, on the 6 p.m. SportsCenter, the ESPN guys were making reference to this "causing a conflict on twitter" and you want to say, "Yeah, because the idiots who you have on payroll can't shut the fuck up."

I loved it and I would have loved it if I was covering it.

10. Boozeman

Boozeman Member

Basically how I feel.

I'm sensing a lot of righteous indignation from those who were ruffled by this. Someone earlier mentioned a reporter's 2-year-old crawling out onto the court. That analogy makes absolutely no sense. A basketball player physically can't do his job if there is a baby running around on the court. Curry's daughter laughing, squirming or running around didn't stop any reporters from asking questions and it didn't stop Curry from answering any questions that were asked of him. I'm not seeing how anyone was adversely affected by this.

11. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I think most of the folks getting their panties in a wad are just jealous they don't have enough clout to do the same thing, if they so chose.

12. RecoveringJournalist

Right. He was not using the kid as a shield. He was answering a couple standard, garbage, typical postgame questions and was genuinely, I don't if embarrassed if the right word, but perhaps a bit flustered when she started taking over. It was a sweet moment. I get why it's a big deal. It went viral and TV's eating it up because it more interesting than a typical boring postgame press conference.

Draft saved Draft deleted