1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pillows

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cluelesswonder, May 19, 2015.

1. my sleep has been shit lately. i need some new pillows. ideally i won't spend $200 a pop because i want a few, but i am willing to pay for something decent. especially if it somehow doesn't hold too much heat at night. any suggestions?

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

My wife and I got memory foam cooling pillows two years ago and they're pretty great. I think they were $60 each. You only need one each. Use your other pillows to prop it up or whatever.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

BDC99 and Ric Flair like this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Forget about new pillows. What you need to invest in is the Liberator wedge system:

[​IMG]

spikechiquet and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Some friends got my buddy one of those and gave it to him at his bachelor party. It was intended for him and his wife, but I doubt they ever used it after the strippers used it in their show.

There must be something about sex toy companies and rhyming, because when I had my bachelor party the next year, they got me something called the Accomodator, which is a strap-on that goes on your chin. My one friend was working for the Jets at the time and got the idea from Bryan Cox, who was an assistant there. So now I also have an autographed picture of Cox tucked away somewhere that says, "Congratulations, (Big Circus) - you look good with a dick on your chin."

Vombatus likes this.
  6. Vombatus

And why not? That sounds HAWT, and would bring back great memories while boinking his wife.

I know, I know, I am going to hell.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I was just coming here to post this.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

check the Sleep Number store. Pillows about $80 I think. We like 'em.

9. Vombatus

Being serious for once, I've gotten good pillows, even memory foam ones, at IKEA.

And the girlfriend bought IKEA Swedish meatballs there for dinner, which is kind of weird, but whatever. I've eaten at the IKEA cafe a few times. Not bad, just feels strange doing that in a furniture store.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The thinner the pillow the better. If I can find one for $5 at Target, that's the one.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Since buying an $8 pillow at IKEA I haven't had a hint of neck pain.

It is a solid chunk of foam with a divot cut in the middle.

I'm sure this kind of pillow has a name but I don't know it. It might be the best eight dollars I've ever spent.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I think it's named Edgar.

Draft saved Draft deleted