1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Advice if necessary.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by True-blue-8, May 18, 2015.

1. True-blue-8

True-blue-8 New Member

Hi there, i'm Jimi and an 18 year old from South Wales. All my life I've had a passion for sport, especially football and motorsport and a love for the topic of English.

In September I will (hopefully) be studying for my English degree at university. A career in sports journalism is what I am aiming for, as I can combine all my hobbies together and financially support me and my racing. I'm hoping to take up a small article job online for some small cash.

Maybe it's rare to see a young 'wannabe' male around here, but I was hoping I could get opinions on professionals or those who know what they're talking about, and suggest ways I can improve, or if I should just drop the whole idea. :p

My first attempt at an article I hoped was written professionally enough.

Many thanks, Jimi :)

EDIT - Very sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread.

2. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Find a new career

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

You ought to find a forum in the UK to ask advice. The vast majority of the users on here are Americans (with a few Canadians), and I'd bet it's safe to say most don't have a lot of knowledge on the state of sports media in Wales. I certainly don't.

Learn to write basic news stories before you write commentaries.

Draft saved Draft deleted