1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buying an engagement ring, need advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, May 13, 2015.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

OK that makes a lot of sense. Gold of some kind it is. Thank you

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

You say it took four weeks start to finish? was that four weeks for the jeweler to make the ring or four weeks from when you started to look at stones? If it was from when you started to look at stones, how long did it take for the jeweler to make the setting/ring?

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Take Amy's advice. She walked me through the purchase of diamond earrings earlier this week.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nice. Anniversary?

5. cranberry

A graduation gift for my daughter.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Awesome. Congratulations to her.

Time really flies. I'm sure it's more stark to you, but I feel like you were just posting about her leaving to start college.

7. cranberry

Thanks. The time did go by pretty damn fast.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Four weeks to find the stone. It was really three days or jeweler visits across four weeks.

I wrapped it up in May and gave her the ring in June. I'm sure the jeweler could've had the ring ready earlier.
    Of course it's a single, round-cut stone in a Tiffany setting, so it is a very simple ring.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Also, the advice I got was gem quality should be your primary concern, and size should be second.

Draft saved Draft deleted