1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

David Letterman's final shows...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecoveringJournalist, May 13, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Anyone watching?

I haven't watched Letterman in ages, but I can never resist when Stern is on.

Ray Romano was pretty hilarious as well.

2. RecoveringJournalist

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I finally went to sit in the live audience a few weeks ago when Michael J. Fox was on for his final appearance. It was very cool.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Didn't see the show, but this appears to be a clip from it. Correct?

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yep. That's the one. I hadn't realized he had been on the show so many times. The end of his segment was a particularly nice moment.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Stern's line about not wanting to go to dinner with Rickles because he already heard all of the Sinatra stories was great.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Tina Fey's appearance was quite revealing.

8. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Bill Scheft has turned his tumblr page into a fun little commentary on the final shows. I found it the day after I was at the show with Billy Crystal.

So as you watch them roll out at end end, is there anyone you think will be missing?

The only one I've worried about is Richard Simmons. I don't think he's going to make it, and it's sad because he and Dave had great chemistry.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Haven't heard that name since his awful stint in SI. People were saying back then that he really was funny, but boy did it not come out on paper.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing.

11. RecoveringJournalist

The best Letterman guests are the ones who make him squirm, which is not easy to do. Stern is best at this. Julia Roberts is right there as well.

His final guest is still a mystery, right? I know people are expecting a Leno appearance, but it would be kind of nice to have Bill Murray do it since he was the first guest on Dave's NBC and CBS shows.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

How's Teri Garr doing these days?

Draft saved Draft deleted