1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greg Howard butt hurt

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Just the facts ma am, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

2. Just the facts ma am

Don't get me wrong, Jason is is the loud mouthed guy at the barbershop who shouts out his opinion. He can be wrong sometimes but kudos for him for having a non-politically correct opinion.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Greg Howard is a race baiting putz. Just follow him on twitter for one day. He will have a long and undistinguished career

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Whitlock has become old-age Bill Cosby without the raping.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't think any of that came as a surprise. Can you imagine working for Jason Whitlock? Professional shit disturbers (and he's real good at it) aren't cut out to be bosses.

6. Boy, Deadspin really has it out for this "Black Grantland." See: Black grantland News, Video and Gossip - Deadspin

I'm really not that interested to read all of it, but this was interesting, though.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Gotta admit - I've never had a boss quite like that.

Reading it, I don't even know where my mind immediately goes. The whole enterprise seems like the remarkable drain of time and resources. Whitlock's manifesto does include some good pointers, but he's built up this stuff in a way that makes his writers almost afraid to even do their work well.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Whitlock is a blowhard, a buffoon and the shittiest writer in America with a huge platform. Terrible when he started at KC, terrible now.

heyabbott likes this.
  9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Man, this is one train wreck that will be interesting to watch. How could anyone work for a guy who treats people like that? I understand he has a vision that is important to him, but he doesn't seem to respect anyone's ideas. He is the unquestioned leader. And apparently and unquestioned a-hole.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The piece is only partially about having a non-politically correct opinion. It's more about a narcissist feeding his insecurity demons.

11. Just the facts ma am

I would think that Whitlock was a poor choice to be a manager given his lack of experience and lack of humility. But I would have said the same about Bill Simmons and Grantland but that seems to have worked out well for Bill.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if this thing never fully launches.

Draft saved Draft deleted