1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keith Olbermann wants you to boycott a lot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jr/shotglass, Apr 25, 2015.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

So we should boycott the NFL draft because one out of the hundreds of players who will be drafted was accused, but never convicted (nor even charged), of sexual assault?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I just realized I have been boycotting Olbermann.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Keith can be the only one sitting out for both, since pretty much all he does is his show and nothing else on the WWL.

A good number of sports fans are not stupid. They know about Mayweather's deal and the troubles of the NFL, and yet they're going to be parked on their couches next weekend and watching every minute of the draft and the boxing match.

Consider me one of them.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Unless Olbermann wants us to boycott it because of Rice, Hardy, et al as well. If that's the case, then I would be interested to know the percentage of current and soon-to-be drafted players who have been charged for domestic assault. And then compare that to the percentage of those in the U.S. in general within the regular population.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Olbermann is an ambulance chaser.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I wish people would boycott the fight, but I know it's not realistic. I hate the fact that the POS Mayweather is so damn rich. He'll fuck it up eventually though.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I am boycotting the draft because watching it is an enormous waste my of time.

SFIND and MTM like this.
  9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

The fact that Mayweather is a woman-beater is exactly why I want to watch, to hopefully experience him get his ass beat.

I don't think it'll happen, but I can hope.

10. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that people are surprised that I am rooting for Pacquiao.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

People are surprised by that? I don't know a single person rooting for Mayweather.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Wut?

Draft saved Draft deleted