1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Lee Remmel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Apr 16, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

One of my favorite people I ever got to deal with during my journalism career. A true legend. Anyone who ever met him, was a better person as a result.

RIP.

Liut likes this.
  2. RecoveringJournalist

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The voice of the Super Bowl press room. RIP.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Well said, RJ. What a gentleman Mr. Remmel was. Sad news but my fond memories of the man are overriding that feeling of sadness, if that makes any sense. RIP.

RecoveringJournalist likes this.
  5. RecoveringJournalist

It makes perfect sense. He lived an amazing life and I feel incredibly grateful that I was able to hear just a few of the crazy stories he had about covering Lombardi. He's mentioned quite a bit in When Pride Still Mattered, which has to rank up there as one of the top sports books of the last 20 or so years.

Just an amazing guy.

Liut likes this.
  6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Thought of Jim Irwin later and how now he and Mr. Remmel can spin yarns together again.

I'm surprised there has been so little response on this thread. As RJ stated, the man was a legend.

7. RecoveringJournalist

I've thought the same thing. A legend who was one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

"Questions, please."

My favorite memories of Lee Remmel are from my childhood. His trivia segments on WBAY's Sunday pregame show were appointment viewing. He helped me get hooked on Packers history and football history as a whole.

"Does that do it?"

Yes, Lee, it does.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I didn't know Bart Starr coached the Packers as exactly long as Lombardi did.

Much less that McCarthy matched both of them in longevity and will pass both this fall, to be second only to Curly.

Draft saved Draft deleted