1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Americans Season 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Not sure why this show hasn't received more love generally, or on this board. But this could be the best season of drama that I've seen in years. The three leads have to at least be considered for the Emmys this year.

AshyLarry likes this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

We've had a thread since the show's first episode, but for whatever reason it has trailed off. But you're right, it has been fantastic. When Paige figured it out was tremendous.

Special mention to the episode that starred Keri's naked yoga butt.

Double Down likes this.
  3. Webster

I find that the Elizabeth flesh shots are a little forced. The stuff with both Paige and Martha has been tremendous. And Frank Langella has been great, although I miss Margo Martindale.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Based on the promos, she's coming back this week.

5. Webster

Maybe she takes out Martha? I can't see Martha making it through the next 2 episodes.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They've got a lot of plates spinning right now. Kimmie has disappeared. The defector/double agent has to have some tangible purpose, doesn't she? Now that Martha knows who "Clark" isn't, does she not have any interest in who he is? Maurice's insistence on getting in on the Northrup thing came out of left field. Getting hard to root for Elizabeth these days. Betty had her nailed perfectly ("That's what evil people say before they do evil things.")

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Martha knows if she presses too hard and/or "outs" Clark, she's just as culpable as he is for planting the pen in Gaad's office, so she probably figures it's best to stay quite.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

My suspicions of Pastor Tim certainly gained traction a couple episodes ago when he went to Phillip's office and then pressured Paige to confront her parents about the truth.

He's working for the Centre.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

My wife mentioned that.
    It would make sense.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I've been feeling that way ever since Jared revealed that he killed his parents and was working for the cause, and then Granny telling Philip and Elizabeth they want to recruit Paige into the 2nd generation program. That connected a lot of the dots for me and Pastor Tim.

11. Webster

That makes sense, but I really didn't think about it until the Pastor came to the travel agency. That was a strange vibe that he gave off.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

At the end of last season's finale, I started thinking about Paige's storyline with the prayer group ... "What church group drives two states away to protest a military base?" They were building Paige's loyalty to Pastor Tim as well as building her activist spirit to fight for a cause.

Draft saved Draft deleted