1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones season 5 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The season premiere was mostly re-configuring pieces on the chessboard as usual, but the Mance Rayder scenes were well-done I thought.

Anybody else watch?

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Really dug the Maggy the Frog scene. You hit the nail on the head that the "roll call" nature of their premieres doesn't lend itself to great episodes.

Looking forward to more focus next week. Hopefully we'll check in with Arya at some point.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, my wife was disappointed and I noted that the season openers are always slow. Moving the chess pieces is a good way to describe it. I loved the scenes on the Wall.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

We'll get Arya this week. From imdb: "Arya arrives in Bravos."

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The set up was fine, though I feel like they could have given us a little more than killing of the king beyond the wall.

Can't wait to see Arya again. At the same time I feel something fucked up is about to happen to Gilly after they telegraphed it with the whole "don't let them make me leave" bit

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Definitely interesting to see more changes from the books. Not sure if we should get into that on this thread or start a separate one like we have for The Walking Dead.

7. Steak Snabler

I considered that, but wasn't sure how many SOIAF book readers we still had around here. Feel free to create one.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I need to reread the last couple of books. There were several times last night when I was thinking something wasn't quite the same.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

There's one somewhere. I'll look when I'm on a computer.

10. Steak Snabler

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Very boring episode

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Can't help myself. Have already watched second and third episodes.

Kind of a mixed bag so far.

Draft saved Draft deleted