1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Might as well start it now that it's mostly populated. Kentucky's top seven scorers declared today. The Harrison twins, Towns, Cauley-Stein, Lyles, Booker and Johnson.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see how the Knicks eff this one up. I particularly like how a couple weeks ago, Phil Jackson was asked about Okafor and said that he reminded Jackson of Tyson Chandler and said that's the type of player they want to build around. You know, the same Tyson Chandler who Jackson dumped last summer.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

SEVEN players from one college team entering the draft on the same day, ain't that crazy? That's gotta be a first.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Underclassmen maybe.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Their other option was continuing with classes. Anyone want to bet how many of them bother to finish the semester?

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's probably a real good bet none of them have set foot in a classroom since December.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Typical, ain't it, Tony?

JC likes this.
  8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

That's a bizarre comparison on so many levels. Okafor is a guy most have compared to Al Jefferson, like a really good offensive big who will probably only be average on defense. Excluding his first couple years when he was getting used to the NBA as a high school draftee, Chandler has been a good to great defensive anchor in the middle. The Phil Jackson era has not been especially impressive to me so far, between the team and Fisher's performance this year, and the rumors that they'd be willing to trade the pick for a veteran. (A real #hottake on my part, I know.)

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

How many will have any kind of an impact as NBA players?

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Can you post a photo of him before I decide whether he's a shrewd businessman making a decision about his future or, alternatively, a shiftless, malingering ne'er do well who has never attended a class?

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Dekker can always find a job if the NBA doesn't work out.

Draft saved Draft deleted