1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Men '15

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Apr 6, 2015.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

So last season started last night, "Severence", your thoughts?

I've read Sepinwall and others who like the episode; I thought it was a bit disjointed but could see all the storylines opening up for later.

IMHO, I think Weiner is going to squelch all the hope that Draper would ultimately change and adjust to the changing times.

2. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

I always figured the Rachel Menken/Katz storyline might be revisited. The way it was done was a bit of a surprise, though.

After no Betty or Sally last night, I'm expecting to see a lot of them in the next episode.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Ken might be a more tragic character than Don or Peggy. He was the guy you could relate to in that universe. There was a hope he could get out of that world. Instead, he's only entrenched himself more.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

But at least Ken will be able to have himself a little fun at Pete and Roger's expense on the way out.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Liked Ken's story, could've used more lines from Pete. Wondering how Ted's getting along with his misery and his marriage, and if that thing he said to Don about going where-ever they were going is at all related to troubles at home? Ted was a disaster at the end of last year in Cali, how'd that get fixed, if it's even fixed? And has he reverted back to his old NY self like Pete did?

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I have a feeling at some point, Ken will write that novel. And it'll have something to do with the advertising business.

Plus, if it were me, I still would have taken the severance.

7. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Who has the best facial hair: Roger (Howard Schnellenberger 'stache), Pete (California Dreamin' sideburns), Ted (Classic Cop 'stache)?

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

The correct answer is Stan Rizzo.

[​IMG]

D-3 Fan and Double Down like this.
  9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Stan looks like half the 25-30-year-old guys I know, so his facial hair didn't resonate like the others.

Great character, though. Always cracks me up.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just needs a beard and he'll be ready to join the frat in 30 years ...

[​IMG]

11. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Am I mis-remembering, or did we see Rachel's sister in Season 1? I recall a scene that involved Rachel telling either her or some other immediate family member about Don.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Correct.

Draft saved Draft deleted