1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 5, 2015.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

We are eight minutes (approx.) away, so I guess it's time to make the transition.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Giants graciously allow the other 29 teams to vie for the championship in this, an odd year.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Going on the record, forget the Cubs hype, they finish no better than third in their division

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Cubs = 84-78

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't get what Jon Lester's issue is about pickoff throws -- he hasn't done one since April 2013 -- but that has clearly caught up with him and he is going to be giving up 90 feet to every decent baserunner the whole season.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I expect the Orioles to implode this year.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

That video board is God-awful. I don't mind Jumbotrons at all... hell, I've been to all but three of the MLB parks. This just looks way too big for the field itself. I've seen a lot of people that don't like the board either.

I don't think it will be an issue in a year or two, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The Angels will be good. The Rockies will continue to suck. And ESPN's constant K-Zone on live pitches is distracting, unnecessary and needs to go away.

And what happened to the speed-up rules? We're in the bottom of the seventh of a 3-0 game ... and we're pushing 2:45 already.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Was thinking the same. This is a joke.
    Yankees-Red Sox slow.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Chicago sports teams seem enamored with partially modernizing outdated venues.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He hasn't attempted a pickoff since April 2013? Seriously? How is that possible?

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted