1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Roughly a month away. Figure we can transfer all the Winston/Mariota and related offseason talk here.

Heard Rick Stroud on the radio say Winston to the Bucs is almost a certainty, but the team is still going to Oregon for a private workout with Mariota and an early signing isn't expected. Seems a bit conflicting.

Another interesting rumor is that all the defensive signings the Bears have made (Rolle, McPhee, McDonald, Foster) point to them going offense at 7, possibly wide receiver.

I can't imagine that. I still think they go DT or 3-4 pass rusher.

I suppose Randy Gregory is no longer in that group of possibilities.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I've seen two names next to "Chicago" in roughly 99% of the mock drafts I look at. Danny Shelton and Kevin White.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

With the rookie salary cap, I don't know if there is anything to be gained by signing someone early. NFL.com had something a day or two ago with a couple GMs saying Mariota would definitely go No. 2, but the question is, to what team?

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I don't even think Andrew Luck signed early, did he? Like you said, there's no point.

5. RecoveringJournalist

I've seen Cooper going No. 7 in a few mocks as well. I like White better than Cooper, but I think the Raiders are going to take Cooper at No. 4.

6. Mr. Sunshine

I could handle Cooper. I will throw stuff at the TV if it's White. And I'll be at work.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Yeah, the rookie cap was given as the primary reason. Plus, the Bucs are probably smart to hold off on the official shifting into overdrive of the inevitable Winston media circus

8. Mr. Sunshine

I've seen Beasley, Gregory and Ray a lot as well.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I thought the Winston/Mariota thread WAS the draft thread.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Not anymore!

RecoveringJournalist likes this.
  11. RecoveringJournalist

I'm very curious how far Gregory falls.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Jay Mohr mocked the hell out of him yesterday. Good stuff.

My guess is he doesn't fall too far. There's always a team/coaching staff that will ignore the red flag. I bet he goes in the top 20.

Draft saved Draft deleted