1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New forum software

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by Jeff, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Jeff, could you consider again the idea of having
    a background tint on the site? This glaring white is killing my eyes.

2. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

I'm open to the idea. I'm also very poor at visual design--do you have some suggested colors that would work reasonably well with the rest of the current color scheme?

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Good question for the entire board. Light blue is good, though you would have to use another color where you have light blue now. Same if you went with light orange or gray. It would take a little work, so maybe others can offer ideas here.

Gray or tan might be easier to coordinate with the other colors.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

How about the new Browns orange? :D

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It still looks, smells and plays like shit.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jeff, this place seems to break a lot. Half the time it doesn't work on my phone now, or at least at certain times at night.

And even just now it took a 2-minute break before refreshing.

7. Jeff

Sorry about that.

Site was down much of Wednesday evening because I was tweaking a bunch of stuff to harden the server against hacking and make it more difficult for anyone to inject malware into the site. I didn't expect the site to be down very long Wednesday, but I forgot about a particular setting that I'd set which conflicted with another setting and took me four hours to debug it.

And just now it was down for a few minutes because I was upgrading a plugin. I also had to reset the user caches, so you'll have to login again.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Cool. Thanks for the info. It's just weird that I'll be on it on my phone browser and hit refresh but it doesn't refresh for hours.

Such is life. BTW, I like all the white space.

Jeff likes this.
  9. Jeff

FYI--I didn't forget about this--having a graphic designer friend take a look and see if she's got any ideas.

FileNotFound and Vombatus like this.
  10. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

Is anyone else seeing an occasional pop-up message: "Do you want to open or save rs.js from sb.voicefive.com"? I've been getting that a few times a day for the last few days. I tried setting the voicefive.com site to Always Block on the Privacy tab in Internet Options and that seemed to work for a day or two but now it's back. Thanks.

11. Jeff

Weird. I haven't changed anything on the ads for months, and I always disallow popups because they're annoying.

Did you try a different browser to make sure it's not a nefarious extension/addon?

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The white looks fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted