1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ivan Maisel's son missing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Family of missing RIT student Max Maisel seeks help

Sad situation. They found his car near a pier leading into Lake Ontario, which had been a family vacation spot over the years.

I think everyone who knows Ivan or has even interacted with him just briefly would agree that he's probably the nicest, friendliest guy in the business.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Easily one of the nicest guys out there, without question. Haven't interacted with him in ages and never was around him much. But he'd always come up, say hello, ask about life (and remember little details of long-ago conversations). But even if he was a massive prick, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I can't imagine.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, Maisel is pure class. You'd have a hard time finding too many people who didn't truly like and respect the guy.

I get chills when I read stuff like this... Scary, scary stuff... His family is in our thoughts and prayers.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Briefly worked with Ivan. Prayers for a safe return.

5. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Every parent's worst nightmare. Looking up more of the story, I came across his roommate on local radio talking about this in a really weird interview:

[PHOTO] Missing RIT Student Max Maisel | Kimberly and Beck on Radio 95.1

For someone as worried as this guy says he is, his segue at the end into how he was at one of the radio station's parties and remembered how the host "can move" seemed kind of odd to say the least.

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

No doubt about it. Hoping for the best.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This is gut wrenching.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

As usual, Peter King nails it.

@SI_PeterKing: I once lost my daughter in a NJ mall for 3 minutes. Worst 3 minutes of my life. I so feel for the @Ivan_Maisel family. #FindMax

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Speechless.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Ugh.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I remember how upset Peter was when his daughter went to get yogurt
    pretzels at Southbend Airport.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member